Marist puts its three-match winning streak on the line when it hosts streaking Siena at 2 p.m. on Saturday in the team's lone match of the weekend. The Red Foxes will be looking to avenge a loss earlier this season to the Saints. Marist currently sits alone in third place in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC) Tournament and is looking to maintain a hold on one of the top four spots in the conference to make the postseason tournament.
LAST TIME OUT
- The Red Foxes (11-11 overall, 8-4 MAAC) swept two matches last weekend at McCann Arena, defeating both Loyola and Rider in four set matches.
- Against Loyola, Joanna Foss (Northville, Mich.) had a double-double performance with 11 kills and 11 digs, Grace Hill (Portage, Mich.) finished with nine kills and 11 digs and Leeann Harridsleff (Simi Valley, Calif.) also contributed nine kills. Audra Brady (Allentown, Pa.) and Hanna Stoiberg (Thousand Oaks, Calif.) had 20 and 19 assists, respectively, while Brooke Zywick added a team-high 13 digs. Marisa Gilbert (Pflugerville, Texas) and Kayla Burton (Kissimmee, Fla.) each had two solo blocks and Gilbert finished with a total of seven blocks.
- In the win over Rider, Hill had a match-high 15 kills and 14 digs while Foss had 11 kills and nine digs and Stoiberg nearly had a triple-double, finishing with nine kills, 27 assists and 12 digs. Brady had 16 assists and Zywick finished with 16 digs.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- Siena defeated Iona on Wednesday night, and comes into Saturday at 9-12 overall and 7-6 in the MAAC. They are currently riding a five-match winning streak and are tied for fifth in the MAAC with Iona.
- Earlier this season, the Saints defeated the Red Foxes in straight sets in Loudounville. Foss led the Red Foxes with 11 kills. Stoiberg had a team-high 13 digs and 12 assists. Gilbert and Harridsleff both had five kills and four total blocks. Brady had 16 assists and Zywick had 11 digs.
- Siena is led offensively by Taylor Akana, the reigning MAAC Offensive Player of the Week, who has 347 kills. Sarah Sivertson has dished out 587 assists. Defensively, Lesli Akeo has 419 digs and Jacqueline Skeen has 66 total blocks.
MARIST IN THE MAAC
- The Red Foxes have won four MAAC Weekly Awards on the season, just one short of their total for all of last year.
- Stoiberg and Hill earned back-to-back Offensive Player of the Week for the weeks of Sept. 11 and Sept. 18. It was the first career weekly award for Stoiberg, and sixth for Hill.
- Freshman Mackenzie Stephens was twice named the Rookie of the Week for the weeks of Aug. 28 and Sept. 11.
- Gilbert is fourth on the Red Foxes with 103 kills. She also leads the team with a .355 hitting percentage.
- Gilbert also leads the MAAC in hitting percentage in conference play. In 12 MAAC matches so far, Gilbert has hit at a .366 clip.
- Zywick leads the Red Foxes with 287 digs, an average of 3.59 per set, and is tied with Gena Russo (Rensselaer, N.Y.) is tied for fourth with nine service aces.
PRESENCE UP FRONT
- Marist is atop the MAAC with an average of 2.01 blocks-per-set. Individually, Gilbert leads the Red Foxes with 11 solo blocks and 73 total blocks. Stoiberg is second with 57.
- Gilbert put herself into the Marist record books in the Red Foxes' win over Hartford on Aug. 31, when she recorded 10 total blocks, putting her in a tie for second all-time for blocks in a single match. The last person to hit double-digits in blocks was Heidi Hildebrandt back in 2000 when she had 10 in a win over Rider.
MILESTONES FAST APPROACHING
- Redshirt senior Joanna Foss has been moving up in the Marist career record lists this season in several statistical categories. In the Red Foxes match against Fresno State on Sept. 3, Foss moved to second in total attacks with 3,419. She now has 3,960 for her career and is chasing Alexandra Schultze who amassed 4,433 in her career.
- Foss also jumped to second all-time when she notched her 1,188th career kill against Rider. Overall she now has 1,322 kills in her Schultze holds the top spot with 1,588 career kills.
- Foss has recorded 189 digs thus far this season, giving her a total of 955 in her time at Marist. Not only is she close to reaching 1,000 career digs, but she now currently sits fourth on the all-time list. Kim McEatheron is third with 994.
- Sophomore Audra Brady has 437 assists on the season, an average of 5.40 per set, giving her 958 in her short career at Marist. She is well on pace to reach 1,000 career assists by the end of the regular season.
- Senior Kayla Burton has logged 41 total blocks this season, giving her 197 for her career, which is good for eighth all-time at Marist. She is closing in on Heidi Hildebrandt who is seventh with 202.
Marist will open up November with a mid-week match at second-place Fairfield on Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Red Foxes will then make the trek up to Buffalo next weekend for matches at Canisius on Saturday and first-place Niagara on Sunday.