POUGHKEEPSIE, New York - The Marist men’s tennis team extended its winning streak to 10 straight matches when it defeated Colgate, 5-2, at home April 18.
“Good outdoor match in a tuneup for the final two MAAC matches of the year coming up Wednesday and Saturday,” Head Coach Tim Smith said. “I was particularly pleased with the play of Dylan Fletcher in singles and doubles play. Though our doubles team got off to a slow start, 1 and 3 finished in fine fashion.”
In singles play, Fletcher won his match over Colgate sophomore Alec Dardis 8-2. Chanthalangsy fought his way to victory against sophomore Noah Rosenblat (7-6, 6-2), Kurz prevailed against senior Bobby Alter (6-2, 6-1), and junior Gianlucca Massa defeated senior Jake Hirschberg (6-2, 6-4).
The Red Foxes will play on consecutive days for the first time in more than three weeks when they host Saint Peter’s at 11:30 a.m. April 19.
Marist vs Colgate
1. Daugherty, Jacob (COL) def. Javier Restrepo (MARM) 6-3, 7-5
2. Rudolf Kurz (MARM) def. Alter, Bobby (COL) 6-2, 6-1
3. Gianlucca Massa (MARM) def. Hirschberg, Jake (COL) 6-2, 6-4
4. Justin Chanthalangsy (MARM) def. Rosenblat, Noah (COL) 7-6 (5), 6-2
5. Reynolds, Win (COL) def. Christopher Gladden (MARM) 8-6
6. Dylan Fletcher (MARM) def. Dardis, Alec (COL) 8-2
Match Notes:Order of finish: Singles (3, 2, 4, 1, 6, 7)