LEWISBURG, Pa. - Junior Michelle Gaye (Greenlawn, N.Y.) of the Marist women's track and field team qualified for the ECAC Championships in the 10,000-meter run on Saturday night at the Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic.
In her debut at that distance, Gaye ran a time of 36:42.14 and placed 14th overall. The ECAC qualifying standard is 37:40.
Sophomore Nicki Nesi (Pelham, N.Y.) won her section of the steeplechase and took ninth overall in 11:12.31. This time was also a personal best.
Junior Danielle Asaro (Pound Ridge, N.Y.) set a personal best with a time of 12.64 seconds in the 100-yard dash, which missed a school record by just .05 seconds. The 4 X 100-meter relay came just one-tenth of a second shy of the school record as well.
“This was a phenomenal effort, top to bottom, by our women’s team," Director of Cross Country/Track Pete Colaizzo said. "Sprinters, middle distance, long distance – all of our athletes had great meets and in some cases had breakthrough performances. It was great to see.”
Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic - Christy Mathewson Memorial Stadium
Lewisburg, Pa. - Saturday and Sunday, April 12-13, 2014
13. Danielle Asaro 12.64 (personal best)
21. Ashley Haynes 12.84 (personal best)
21. Danielle Asaro 26.30 (personal best)
30. Ashley Haynes 26.78 (personal best)
35. Courtney Cartwright 1:02.38
16. Kristen Traub 2:16.07 (personal best)
39. Molly Weeks 2:20.55
1,500-meter run, unseeded
11. Janelle Solviletti 4:46.35 (personal best)
34. Marissa Porter 4:53.75 (personal best)
66. Bryn Gorberg 5:02.78 (personal best)
73. Christine Coughlin 5:12.05
8. Brianne Vess 11:27.29
11. Jaime Durso 11:36.46
12. Mariella Bilello 11:36.86
15. Jackie Bunce 12:01.95
16. Taylor Mueller 12:19.70
18. Allison Dellicarri 12:40.39
9. Nicki Nesi 11:12.31 (personal best)
5,000-meter run, unseeded
61. Annie Gould 19:15.81 (personal best)
14. Michelle Gaye 36:42.14 *ECAC qualifier
13. Marist (Meaghan Gillespie, Courtney Cartwright, Olivia Jaquith, Molly Weeks) 4:08.25