(3-6, 1-2 MAAC)
  1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
Box Score | Postgame Video

(2-7, 1-1 MAAC)
 Men's Lacrosse Comeback Falls Short Against Manhattan, 14-13
 Stat Comparison Manhattan Marist
 Goals  14  13
 Shots 27  47 
 Face-offs 10-27  17-27 
 Caused Turnovers
 Ground Balls 17  25 
 Man Up 3-5  0-5 
 Turnovers 13  13 
 Saves 12 
 Individual Leaders
 Stat  Manhattan  Marist
 Goals  Payton, 7  Begley, 4
 Assists Madarasz, 3  Recor, 3 
 Face-offs McMahon, 7-13  Montemurro, 17-26 
 Caused Turnovers Rengasawmy & Gitlitz, 1  Eaker, 2 
 Ground Balls McMahon, 6  Eaker, 44
 Saves Akapnitis, 12   Scarcello, 5
 Up Next
Who: Detriot
When: Sat., Apr. 5 - 1 p.m.
Where: Detriot, Mich.
Full Schedule

POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - The Marist men's lacrosse team (3-6, 1-2 MAAC) fell to Manhattan (2-7, 1-1 MAAC) in a rainy contest on Saturday afternoon. The Red Foxes were led by junior Mike Begley (Brookeville, Md.) with four goals and two assists. 

Junior Colin Joka (Conshohocken, Pa.) had a hat trick while junior Drew Nesmith (Montclair, N.J.) and sophomore Joseph Radin (Long Beach, N.Y.) added one goal each. Freshman J.D. Recor (Lancaster, N.Y.) had four points, including three assists and one goal. Senior Gannon Osborn (Canandaigua, N.Y.) added one goal while sophomore Dillon Walker (Wawa, Pa.) dished out an assist.

Junior goalkeeper Dave Scarcello (Buffalo, N.Y.) and freshman Brian Corrigan (East Quogue State, N.Y.) combined for six saves. Sophomore Dominic Montemurro (Kings Park, N.Y.) won 17-of-27 face-offs.

Manhattan's Andrew Hurst put the Jaspers on the board first with a goal at the 10:01 mark in the first half. Begley netted unassisted back-to-back goals in a two minute span to pull Marist ahead by one. Joka kept the streak going with a goal off a Begley assist to give the Red foxes a 3-1 lead with 5:29 left in the first quarter. Manhattan rallied back to tie the game at three-all but Marist's Radin snuck one more in off an assist by Begley to take a 4-3 lead heading into the second quarter.

Manhattan's Ryan Payton netted his third goal of the game at the 13:14 mark to open up the second quarter, tying the game at four-all. Joka converted on a pass from Recor to give Marist a 5-4 lead with 12:00 left in the period. Manhattan scored the next four goals, capitalizing on two man-up opportunities, to take a 8-5 lead at the half. 

Three different Jaspers scored one goal each to open up the third quarter to give Manhattan an 11-5 lead with 8:30 to go in the third quarter. Marist responded with three goals of its own by Nesmith, Radin, and Joka to pull the Red Foxe within three again with less than five minutes to go in the third. Hurst netted one for Manhattan as time expired to give the Jaspers a 12-8 edge heading into the final quarter of play.

Two goals by Begley and one by Recor set the pace for the fourth quarter as Marist trailed the Jaspers 12-11 with 12:51 to go. Manhattan scored two more to pull ahead by three. With less than two minutes to go, Nesmith scored through the legs of the Manhattan keeper to pull the Red Foxes within two. At the 14 second mark, Osborn took the ball from one end of the field to the other and ripped an unassisted shot to cut Marist's deficit, 14-13. Marist had final posession but was unable to convert as the Red Foxes fell to Manhattan, 14-13.