POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - The Marist men's tennis team lost a tough non-conference match against the University of Buffalo, 5-2, on Saturday afternoon in Poughkeepsie. This was the first home match for the Red Foxes this season.
Lorenzo Rossi (Lugano, Switzerland) and Joseph Dube (Livonia, Mich.) won at the first and sixth singles positions, respectively. Dalen Klassen (St. Louis, Mo.), at the fourth singles position, took his opponent to a decisive third set, before dropping a tough decision.
The Red Foxes also won the third doubles match with the combination of Klassen and Billy Bishop (Houston, Texas).
The Red Foxes will head back to the courts on Saturday, March 31 in a MAAC match against Niagara University starting at 12 P.M. The Red Foxes are 2-0 in the MAAC so far this year with wins against Siena and Saint Peter's.
1. Rossi (MAR) def. David (UB): 7-6, 6-2
2. Hove (UB) def. Van Eck (MAR): 7-5, 7-6
3. Starakiewicz (UB) def. Himmelsbach (MAR): 6-2, 6-3
4. Vershchaga (UB) def. Reznek (MAR): 6-3, 7-6
5. Kalinin (UB) def. Klassen (MAR): 6-7, 6-3, 6-1
6. Dube (MAR) def. Shkodnik (UB) 6-1, 6-0
1. David/Hove (UB) def. Rossi/Himmelsbach (MAR): 8-4
2. Starakiewicz/Zappia (UB) def. Van Eck/Reznek (MAR): 8-4
3. Klassen/Bishop (MAR) def. Shkodnik/Kalinin (UB): 8-4