(6-3, 3-0 MAAC)
  1st 2nd 3rd 4th F
 1 7
 0  2 

Box Score | Postgame Video | Facebook Gallery

(5-5, 0-2 MAAC)
 Marist Falls To Monmouth Under Tenney Stadium Lights
 Stat Comparison Monmouth Marist
 Shots 41  21 
 Faceoffs 7-13  6-13 
 Caused Turnovers  7  
 Ground Balls 22  20 
 Man Up 1-3  0-1 
 Turnovers  8   12 
 Saves 13  17 
 Individual Leaders
 Stat  Monmouth  Marist
 Goals  Keen, 2  Morrison and Tierney, 1
 Assists  Berger and Campbell, 1  None
 Faceoffs  Schwenk, 7-12  Galioto, 6-10
 Caused Turnovers  Pfeifer, 2  Brier, 2
 Ground Balls  Three with 3  Sarrocco, 4
 Saves  Hreshko, 13   Corrigan, 17
 Up Next

Who: Quinnipiac
When: Sat. April 8 - 7 p.m.
Where: New Haven, CT

Full Schedule

POUGHKEEPSIE, New York - The Marist men’s lacrosse team lost to Monmouth for the first time in program history, falling 7-2 in a home Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference contest April 1. The defeat brought the Red Foxes to 5-5 on the season (0-2 MAAC) while the Hawks moved to 6-3 and 3-0 in conference competition.

Redshirt junior goalie Brian Corrigan stopped 17 of the 24 shots that came his way and senior captain Frankie Brier stepped up with three ground balls and a pair of caused turnovers. Freshman Joe Tierney and junior Gannon Morrison scored the goals for Marist respectively.

The Hawks were able to strike first with an early goal, but Marist’s netminder was able to limit the opposition’s scoring chances by making saves high and low. The Red Foxes had just two shots on offense in the opening period however.

Stronger defense emerged from both squads in the next quarter. Monmouth senior goalie Nick Hreshko stopped three Marist shots on one possession, including a rocket from Red Foxes’ sophomore Matthew Selts. A Hawks man up goal with 2:54 to go in the second quarter made it 3-0 and the score stayed the same up until halftime.

The Red Foxes opened the second half with scoring opportunities from senior John Vigh and Tierney, but were not able to convert. Tierney got Marist to within three late in the third quarter, but a trio of Monmouth goals in the final period made its lead insurmountable for the Red Foxes.

Monmouth senior Tyler Keen led the Hawks’ offense, netting two goals on six shots. The Hawks outshot the Red Foxes 41-21 and were able to convert on one of their three extra man chances. Both teams combined to pick up 42 ground balls.  

The Red Foxes will hit the road for their next contest against defending MAAC Champion Quinnipiac on Saturday, April 8. Opening faceoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. in Yale’s Reese Stadium.