NEW HAVEN, Connecticut – The Marist men’s tennis team defeated Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference foe Fairfield, 5-2, in non-conference action Saturday afternoon at Yale University. With the win the Red Foxes move to 5-1 on the season.
The Red Foxes then won four more matches in singles play to clinch the victory. Restepo defeated Brad Orban, 6-1, 6-2, Kurz downed Anthony Caputo, 6-3, 6-2, Chanthalangsy won a three set match against the Stags’ Ethan Ammon, 4-6, 6-3, 10-8, and Fletcher won from the no. 6 spot defeating Colliard in straight sets.
The Red Foxes also took part in singles play against No. 47 Yale today and will complete the doubles portion of that match tomorrow along with a full match against Stony Brook.
Marist vs Fairfield at Yale
1. Javier Restrepo (MARM) def. Brad Orban (FFD) 6-1, 6-2
2. Rudolf Kurz (MARM) def. Anthony Caputo (FFD) 6-3, 6-2
3. Jeffrey Rodgers (FFD) def. Gianlucca Massa (MARM) 6-2, 7-6 (4-0)
4. Justin Chanthalangsy (MARM) def. Ethan Ammon (FFD) 4-6, 6-3, 10-8
5. Dylan Appel (FFD) def. Christopher Gladden (MARM) 7-5, 6-4
6. Dylan Fletcher (MARM) def. Peter Colliard (FFD) 6-1, 6-0