POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. - Sophomore Amanda Epstein (Jericho, N.Y.) of the Marist women's soccer team was honored for her efforts the past week as she was named to the CollegeSoccer360.com Primetime Performers Weekly Honor Roll.
After battling injuries during the early portion of Marist's schedule, the sophomore forward has hit her stride over the past three weeks once MAAC play began. This past weekend in matchups versus Fairfield and Iona, Epstein tallied three goals, including both game-winners. Already Marist's all time game-winning goal scorer, with 11 in her 32 game career, she has now notched three straight for the Red Foxes. On the week, Epstein scored her three goals on an efficient six total shots.
Epstein was one of 16 players named to the team across the nation and was joined by the likes of student-athletes from Georgetown, Rutgers, Michigan, Kentucky, BYU and Pepperdine, amongst other top-rated Division 1 women's soccer programs.
This is the second time in 2012 that a Red Fox women's soccer player was recognized by CS360 as Rycke Guiney (Naperville, Ill.) was a Week Four honoree on Sept. 12.
Marist will be back in action on Friday, Oct. 19 at Manhattan. Kickoff between the Red Foxes and Jaspers is scheduled for 7 p.m.
About CollegeSoccer360's Primetime Player Awards
... Selection for the Division I women's CS360 weekly awards is based on any/all of the following:
- Performed at a high level in a game that is key to the team's postseason achievements, typically in a game involving a top-50 team from the CS360 Composite National Rankings (or in a game involving a conference favorite from a league not represented in the CS360 top-50).
- In general, preference is given based on the quality of the opponent, contribution to team success and other situational factors involved in the player's accomplishments.
- Exhibited strong leadership and/or involved in clutch performances, such as game-winning goals, noteworthy comebacks, late scores, momentum-shifting play, all-around performance, team spirit, etc.
- Overcame adversity or extreme circumstances (for the team and/or individual).
- Bonus consideration is given for key performances away from team's home field and/or against a traditional rival.