Row 1 (L-R): Keith Detelj, Anthony Graci, Peter Rea, Matt Mones, Matt Flaherty, Kyle Nunes, Ricky Cusano, Vinny Cacioppo.
Row 2 (L-R): Matthew Partain, Bruno Machado, Rob DePiero, Mike Valenti, Michael Danyo, Dustin Byrnes, David Aucar, Allan Kakembo.
Row 3 (L-R): Head Coach Bobby Herodes, Scott Grouten, Matt Morsch, Tomislav Rogic, Patrick Safino, Bobby Van Dyke, David Musinki, Ben Castor, Damian Caputo, J.R. Balzarini, Alex Giotis.

Marist College Red Foxes Men's Soccer
2005 MAAC Tournament Champions
Overall Record: 10-9-1   MAAC Record: 6-3
Head Coach: Bobby Herodes
Assistant Coaches: George Dianni, Ricky Cusano
MAAC Defensive Player of the Year: Ben Castor
First Team All-MAAC: Ben Castor, Tomislav Rogic, Keith Detelj
Second Team All-MAAC: Anthony Graci
MAAC Tournament MVP: Keith Detelj
All-MAAC Tournament Team: Keith Detelj, Bobby Van Dyke, Ben Castor, Daniel Owens
MAAC All-Academic Team: Tomislav Rogic, Bruno Machado, Damian Caputo

MAAC Championship Recap
For the second straight year the Marist men's soccer team entered the MAAC Tournament as the number three seed and came out the tournament champions. Marist defeated top seeded Fairfield in the championship game 2-1 to take the title. Keith Detelj was named tournament Most Valuable Player as he scored three of the Red Foxes four goals in the tournament.

The two teams went back and forth in the first half, with both having opportunities to take the lead but in the end the score was zero-zero going into the second half. With the game still scoreless, Marist got their first sustained pressure on the Stags ten minutes into the second half. It paid off when freshman Chris Nacca made a perfect pass to Detelj who took the ball in stride and beat Fairfield’s keeper, Andrew Frankel, to the top left corner to give the Red Foxes a 1-0 lead.

The Red Foxes got their second goal when Detelj made a play in the corner and got the ball to the front of the net. After a funny bounce that put the ball off the Fairfield crossbar, freshman Steve Fantuzzo knocked the rebound in for a 2-0 lead. Fairfield scored at the 86 minute mark to pull within one but it was too little too late. Following the match Detelj was named MVP and was joined on the All-Tournament team by teammates Bobby Van Dyke, Benjamin Castor and Owens.

NCAA Tournament Recap
Marist faced St. John’s in the first round of the NCAA tournament and lost 3-1. The Red Foxes had a near miss in the opening minutes of the match when Steve Fantuzzo floated a shot over Red Storm keeper Jason Lander's head and off the face of the crossbar. From that point on St. John's carried the play. The Red Strom held a 12-1 shot advantage in the first half alone.

The match remained scoreless into the second half until the 56th  minute. Red Storm's, Garry Lewis, fed Billy Hole inside the box. Hole got inside the Marist defense and beat Owens to the near post for a 1-0 lead. Nearly six minutes later Marist got the equalizer on just their second shot of the game. Keith Detelj won a 50-50 ball to Graci who had time and space for one of the few times during the match. Graci carried the ball from the middle third of the field to the top of the box and ripped a shot that beat Landers to the top right to knot the score.

Just three minutes after the Red Foxes tied the score the Red Storm would retake the lead. The Red Foxes were whistled for a foul inside the box and St. John's was awarded a penalty kick. Steve Old took the kick and put it in the back of the net for a 2-1 lead they would not relinquish. St. John's added an insurance goal with 15 minutes left to play to seal the win. The Red Foxes finished up the season 10-9-1 overall and as back-to-back MAAC Champions.